Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anna Kimberly Has Arrived!

OK, so she's almost a week old, so forgive me for taking a while to post this. Anna Kimberly arrived at 1:38am on Friday, June 19th, weighing 8 lbs 8 oz and measuring 20.5" long! Her due date was June 7th, so she kept us waiting 12 additional days until she was good and ready to enter the world. The wait, while a bit taxing on me at the end, was well worth it! She is beautiful and doing very well!


I had a great labor and delivery. I have about half of the birth story written up, which I'll post when I finish.

Early on in my pregnancy, Robert and I decided we wanted me to deliver Anna naturally without any drugs. Along with this decision, we also sought out midwifery care vs. going to an OB. We are so pleased with both of these decisions! With all the great preparation and care with the midwifes (and lots of prayer, of course!), I had a wonderful pregnancy, labor, and delivery. In all, I was in active labor for 12 hours (the last few hours in a jacuzzi tub), pushed for 25 minutes, and then Anna entered the world wide-eyed and very alert! Robert caught her and was thrilled to be the first to touch her! We couldn't have asked for a better experience! And now, Robert and I are feeling very blessed in our new role as Anna's parents.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!
(misty's mom)

The Allisons said...

Congrats again!!!
She is DEFINITELY Robert's baby! I'll bet he is a very proud papa!
Can't wait to hear the birth story!
-Cassidy

Todd & Kimberly Fagan said...

She's gorgeous! So happy for y'all!!!

ashley said...

She's precious!! I'm looking forward to hearing the birth story!! I agree, she looks like her Daddy! Enjoy every moment!!