Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Spending all my time with Anna, being there when she wakes up in the morning and to put her down for every nap and then going in when she wakes to get her
- The easy-going, lack of stress lifestyle; I'll miss not worrying about what time I need to go to bed or about the weekends being too short
- Taking care of my hubby and being able to help him to try to lighten his load a little
- Having the time to make yummy, healthy dinners.
- Leisurely trips to the grocery store during the middle of the week, rather than during the rush of the weekends
- Having time to invest in friendships on a consistent basis. I really enjoyed the weekly Bible study I did with my friend Elizabeth, fellowshipping with other moms at MOPS, and hanging with my best friend Andie whenever!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged, mostly because it wasn’t until the last month or so that I predictably had time to sit down and write. Anna has fallen into a nice napping routine. She must be in a growth spurt now b/c she napped for 2.5 hours this morning and has been sleeping again for the last 1.5 hours.
The last 2 months have been my favorite with Anna so far. She started sitting stably just before Christmas and just after Christmas she decided she could get places by rolling. She prefers to roll to her right, so I position her so she can roll a ways to her right. She has been expanding her vocabulary over the last few days and can now make “mamama”, “dadada”, “bababa”, and “lalala” sounds. I, of course, practice the “mamama” sound with her often. J Since she now can choose the position she sleeps in, she sleeps on her belly mostly. This worries me and has sent me searching the web for advice more than once, but as her doctor said, once she can choose, there’s not much I can do.
I just looked at the video monitor – best invention ever! – and she is face down with her knees pulled up under her. I’m sure she’ll be crawling in no time. Well, she’s up now… I’ll be back later to finish.
OK, Anna is asleep for the night so I’m back to hopefully finish up. As for other developments in Anna’s life, I am working on introducing “real” food. She is still 95% sustained by breastmilk and apparently that’s how she wants to keep it. When I started her on rice cereal (mixed with breastmilk), she was eager to eat, leaning into the spoon. This behavior changed though when I introduced sweet potatoes and then apples. She wasn’t so excited about the food on the spoon anymore. She was gagging on the sweet potatoes and with the apples she was refusing to open her mouth. Today was the 4th day of trying the apples and she did a little better. We’ll keep working at it.
I am finally back to getting a decent night’s sleep most nights. Anna is sleeping from ~8pm until ~8am with one feeding somewhere between 4am & 6am typically. I can handle that! While we were in IL, I purchased her a 6mo+ binky that she is better able to keep in her mouth, so thankfully the eyes-half-open marches across the house several times a night to replace the binky are behind me.
I’ll leave the 7 month update at that and finish simply by saying this parenting thing is the coolest thing I’ve ever done! What a joy this little girl brings to my life!