Thursday, December 4, 2008

1st Trimester Recap

OK, now for a little more detail. My post last week was rushed since we flew to FL to visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening. I am enjoying the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy. As for the 1st trimester, it wasn't as enjoyable. I found out I was pregnant on Sunday, September 21st, and I kid you not, I had morning sickness the very next day. It continued until our 2nd anniversary on November 11th. Thankfully I never threw up; the nausea and tiredness were enough, though.

I had my first ultrasound on October 15th. The baby was simply a little dot, but we could see and hear the heart beat. How incredible! At that appointment, the doctor said my due date was June 10th, but wanted me to have another ultrasound b/c the baby was too small to accurately predict. So, 2 weeks later on October 30th, I had a 2nd ultrasound and the due date was moved up to June 7th. So, currently, I am due 6 days before my 30th birthday. I'm just hoping the baby isn't born on my birthday... I don't want to be in labor that day! At the end of January, we will find out the gender of the baby (well, likely - as long as the baby cooperates during the ultrasound). Robert really wants to know.

We've started preparing the nursery. Recently, we had the interior of our house painted and since I did not want to paint again, we chose colors that can be added to later once we know the gender. So, three walls are tan and the one full wall is dark brown. With this set-up, I figure we can add pink or blue hi-lights. The only pieces of furniture we need to purchase is a crib and a glider. The rest of the furniture is my childhood furniture.

My next big task is maternity clothes shopping. I'm hoping it is more fun than I'm expecting it to be!

3 comments:

ashley said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Good luck with the prego clothes shopping! If you don't already have "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy," it's a great book!

Tammy Williams said...

Maternity clothes shopping is a little disappointing at first. You're frustrated because your normal wardrobe doesn't fit, and you aren't really filling out the maternity stuff either. But it doesn't take long for the tummy to fill the belly bands and billowy shirts. That's when the fun begins...I loved my baby bump! And maternity clothes really have come a long way - really very fashionable and can also be professional. Just get ready to the sticker shock of the better quality items ($$$).

Melissa G said...

Oh, you'll love shopping for maternity clothes! I did...I still do! And, they are just as cute as regular clothing now, thankfully!

I hope that you enjoy this second trimester...they really are the "easy" part of pregnancy! I've got just under five weeks for number two...due January 15th. We'll have Isaac Lewis or Emily Kate...surprise to us again, as we wanted! ;)

I just hope you don't have the heartburn I've had...with Jacob, I had heartburn before I knew I was pregnant. This one, nausea (all day) unless I was eating (which I didn't feel like doing!)...and, after the first trimester that went away & was replaced with heartburn! It's been worse with this pregnancy, but better than nausea!

Well, enough of my input! I'm just happy for you!!!! You'll love it...are you going to continue to work full time after the baby???