Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cinder turns 6!

Today is Cinder's 6th birthday. Of course, to him it's just another day, but to me my best lil' buddy is middle-aged now. Cinder has been with me since near the start of my time here in the Lone Star State. He has had to make a lot of adjustments in his life. He started out as the man of the house and then when the big alpha dog (Robert) moved in, he had to transition from being the man of the house to the dog. Big transition for a dog - still dealing with this today when he acts out and tears up the garbage, or when he runs down the street away from Robert as Robert calls him. Then, he became alpha dog when his sister, Spade, came to live with us. This was probably a ego-boosting move for Cinder b/c he got to be the head of someone again. And now he's middle-aged; he sleeps a lot but still plays rough-and-tough when Spade grabs on to his neck and pulls.

Happy Birthday, Cinder!

(I know, I know, you probably think I'm nuts, but he's like my child!)

No comments: