Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer Vacation 2008 in MI

Robert and I had a blast in MI on our annual summer vacation with my family! We flew into Grand Rapids on the 4th and left on the 13th. We stayed at my parents' cabin (left in pic below), which is just next door to my grandparents' cabin (right in pic below).

We golfed a couple days; once with my dad, Uncle Sven, and cousin Nicole and the other time with my mom, Uncle Sven, and cousin Nicole. Robert and Sven golfed a couple other times without the rest of us. Robert's favorite part of the vacation was catching a bunch of bass in the lake across from the cabin.

My favorite part of the vacation was our kayaking trip down the Pere Marquette River. Mom has wanted to go kayaking up there for years, but this is the first time we have done so in the 22 years we have been going to MI. It was so beautiful. Other than Robert accidentally whacking me in the ear with the paddle and Mom falling out of the kayak when her shirt got hung up on a tree, we had a great 12-mile paddle!

I really enjoyed spending time with Nicole. She is 10 years old already! We played some card games with her and Grandma, took her for ice cream, and splashed in Silver Lake together. Such precious times with her!

Check out our photo website for more pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/amber.massingill

1 comment:

phahbee said...

Hey, you had me laughing out loud reading that one..."other than getting whacked on the ear ... and mom falling out of the kayak..." great hilarious visuals!